Department of Computer Science was established in 2009 in order to fulfil the NBTE requirement of 70:30 science to art and humanities ratio. The department started with 18 ND students:
* 15 – Males and 3- Females students.
In 2013, two additional programmes were introduced:
* Diploma in Information Technology
* Diploma in Computer System and Networking
Currently, the department has over 300 students from all the three diploma courses offered.
For ND in Computer Science,
– an applicant must have written and obtained the minimum score for UTME examination as required by the polytechnic.
– an applicant must possess 5- O’Level credit passes in English, Mathematics and Physics plus any two credit passes in any acceptable science subjects, with no more than two sittings.